The internet is a treacherous abyss where personal information can be exploited, privacy invaded, and identities stolen with a single click. It’s a haunting playground of unseen dangers, where cybercriminals lurk. What you do on your device can be monitored, recorded, and used against you in a devastating way. However, with the right precautions and awareness, individuals can navigate this digital landscape more safely. Implementing secure practices and utilizing available tools can significantly reduce the risks associated with online activities.
Don’t become a victim of cybercrime!
FTC data shows that fraud reports from consumers have increased more than 70% from 2021 to 2022
- 1 in 3 homes have a computer infected with malicious software
- 65% of americans who went online received at least one online scam offer
- Worldwide, consumers lost $358. + 21 hours on average per year dealing with online crime.
- 47% of american adults have had their personal information exposed by cyber criminals
- 600,000 Facebook accounts hacked every single day.
- The #1 Cybercrime is the Imposter Scam with 1 in 5 people reporting a financial loss.
- Millennials often fall victim to Cybercrime. 44% of Millenials have been victims of crime online in the last year.
- 31% of Millennials share passwords. The most of any age group.
- 83% of Millennials agree that Cybersecurity Awareness Programs in school and at work is important.
At Performance Computers, LLC, we understand the increasing risk of cyber threats facing both home and business users, with new types of viruses, malware, and other malicious software constantly emerging. To address this challenge and provide our customers with even better service, we are excited to announce that we now offer advanced security and IT management services.
Our new service is designed to improve the performance of your devices, helping you get more done in less time. We can monitor your devices remotely and provide automated patch management and updates to ensure optimal performance. When something goes wrong with your device, our service offers faster issue resolution, reducing downtime and minimizing disruption to your daily life or business operations.
With our managed service solutions, we can move both home and business users from the traditional break/fix model of IT support to a proactive approach. This means we can help you stay ahead of potential issues and address them quickly and efficiently, before they have a chance to impact your personal life or business operations.
Whether you are a home or business user, our new service provides you with advanced security, IT management, and expert support you need to keep your devices running smoothly and your data safe and secure. We are excited about this new offering and look forward to continuing to provide our customers with the high-quality service they have come to expect from us.
Real-time monitoring of system health and performance
Automated alerts and notifications for critical issues
Remote desktop access and management
Patch management and software deployment
Active Directory management
Mobile app for on-the-go monitoring and management
Bitdefender Cloud Security Antivirus is a cloud-based antivirus solution that uses a combination of signature-based and behavior-based detection technologies to protect against malware and other online threats.
How We Can Serve You Better
- Remote monitoring and management
- Improved uptime and productivity of IT systems
- Automated patch management and updates
- Increased security and protection against cyber threats
- Real-time alerts and notifications
- Faster issue resolution and reduced downtime
- Customizable dashboards and reports
- Better visibility and insights into IT infrastructure
- Mobile access to IT systems and data
- Flexibility to work from anywhere at any time
- Integration with third-party tools and systems
- Simplified IT management through a single platform
- Scheduled tasks and scripts
- Streamlined IT workflows and increased efficiency
- User-friendly interface and ease of use
- Reduced training and onboarding time for IT staff
- Role-based access control
- Better control over user access and data security
- 24/7 customer support and expert guidance
- Peace of mind knowing that help is always available
Tips for keeping yourself safe from cybercriminals
- Enable two-factor authentication(2FA): This adds an extra layer of security to your accounts by requiring a second form of verification, such as a code sent to your phone.
- Keep your software up to date: Regularly update your operating system, web browsers, and other software to ensure that they have the latest security patches and fixes.
- Use antivirus software: Install and regularly update antivirus software to protect your computer from malware and other threats.
- Be cautious of phishing scams: Be wary of emails, text messages, or phone calls that ask for personal information or direct you to click on a link or download an attachment.
- Use a virtual private network (VPN): A VPN can encrypt your internet connection and protect your online privacy by hiding your IP address.
- Avoid using public Wi-Fi: Public Wi-Fi networks are often unsecured, making it easy for cybercriminals to intercept your internet traffic and steal your information.
- Be careful what you share online: Be cautious about sharing personal information on social media or other websites, as this information can be used by cybercriminals to target you.
- Back up your data: Regularly back up important files and data to an external hard drive or cloud storage service in case of a ransomware attack or other data loss event.
- Use common sense: Finally, use common sense when browsing the internet or opening emails. If something seems too good to be true or suspicious, it probably is.